Belize (formerly British Honduras) is a scenically beautiful, independent country located on the Caribbean seaboard of Central America.
The government of Belize is fully committed to the ongoing development of Belize as a leading offshore jurisdiction. Through regular consultations with the private sector, the government ensures that its policies and legislation continue to meet the international financial community’s needs and interests in an environment that engenders trust and confidence.
In December 2018, Belize amended its International Business Companies Act to eliminate ring-fencing and preferential tax treatment for offshore companies. This transformation shifted Belize’s tax system to a territorial basis, where foreign-sourced income is exempted from all kinds of tax within Belize. The new Belize Companies Act, 2022, modernises the corporate sector by repealing and replacing the International Companies Act, Cap. 270, and the Companies Act, Cap. 2502.
The Belize Business Company (BC), formerly known as Belize IBC, offers a friendly tax regime. For general businesses, the applicable tax rate is only 1.75 – 6% with exemptions. Pure equity holding companies and those not engaged in active trade or business can enjoy a 0% tax rate.
Obtaining a Tax Identification Number (TIN) for your Belize BC adds credibility and legitimacy. It also facilitates access to financial services, especially during bank account opening.
The registration process for a Belize BC is straightforward. The modern and computerised BC Registry processes company registrations within one to two days.
Minimal reporting and record-keeping requirements allow you to focus on your business operations.
Belize BCs offer confidentiality regarding shareholder and director information. Your business affairs remain private from the public records.
Conduct business in multiple currencies, catering to global transactions.
Belize boasts an outstanding record of peace, democracy, and stability. As a member of the British Commonwealth, the United Nations, and the Non-Aligned Movement, Belize provides a secure environment.
Unlike most offshore tax havens, Belize is not an island. Its robust and diversified national economy and thriving offshore services industry contribute significantly to the country’s earnings.
English as the official language simplifies communication, and modern telecommunications ensure connectivity.
The administrative capital of Belize is Belmopan, but the major commercial centre is Belize City, which is located on the eastern coastclose to the major international airport
Belize’s strategic location grants easy access to international markets. Whether you’re expanding globally or seeking investment opportunities, Belize offers a gateway.
- A member of the British Commonwealth, the United Nations and Non-Aligned Movement
- Enjoys a peaceful and stable democracy and a government which is committed to the economic development of the country and the encouragement of overseas investment
- Its unspoiled environment with cays and barrier reef, make it a popular destination for eco-tourists
- Its major exports include sugar, bananas, citrus products, fishery products, garments and timber and wood products
- The offshore finance industry is generating an increasing proportion of national income
- The official and spoken language is English but Spanish is widely spoken
Services offered in Belize.
- Entity incorporation and management
- Day-to-day company administration including opening and operating bank accounts, issuing invoices, accounting and bookkeeping services
- Company secretarial services
- Provision of professional directors and nominee shareholders
- Registered office and virtual office services
- Accounting services
- Registered agent services